Wraps are a camping staple, they’re quick, easy, delicious, and importantly, you can toast the ingredients up on a grill!
We love our BioLite FirePit. It comes out every winter as well as summer (when it’s not scorching outside). It’s a no-brainer that whenever we have a fire, we cook on the fire, there’s something about it that’s just so right.
The FirePit makes it easy with a battery-operated fan system that ensures a clean and efficient burn. You can cook this recipe on a regular fire pit too, or BBQ or frying pan, but this is how we do it.
Time: Approx – 30 minutes
- 4 chicken thighs or 1 small eggplant
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- Pinch of five spice powder
- Pinch of celery salt
- 1 cucumber julienne (cut into thin strips)
- Handful of coriander
- Handful of spring onion
- Handful of bean sprouts
- Rub five spice and celery salt on the eggplant and chuck on the firepit and grill until tender OR cook chicken for 15-20 minutes (depending on cut)
- Throw on some spring onion and char it
- When ready to eat, warm up the bread on grill
- Assemble wrap with hoisin sauce, chicken/eggplant (por que no los dos?), cucumber, spring onion, bean sprout and coriander
Tip: If you’re still hungry after, why not check out Grilled Chocolate Bananas – The Ultimate Desert
Our thoughts on the BioLite FirePit
We’ve become big fans of our BioLite FirePit, here’s what’s hot and what’s not.
What we love:
- Reduced Smoke – So great when you’re sitting around the campfire!
- In-built Fan – Can be controlled by one button to suit your heat preference.
- Battery Pack – If you’re out in the bush and in need of power, you can use the battery pack to charge up items.
- 360 View – See-through construction allows views of fire from all angles (making your camping experience more magical).
- Portable – Easy and quick to pack away, can pretty much chuck it in your boot and head off for an adventure.
- Feeding the Fire – Easy to slide grill open, to add more fuel such as wood or charcoal.
What could be improved:
- A tad small for cooking for larger groups (4+)
- BioLite FirePit needs to be oiled after use to prevent rusting. The BioLite FirePit+ apparently has improved in this department.
- Accessories sold separately, which can be quite expensive if you want the whole camp kit.
- Having to remember to charge your fire pit!
Follow @thecampstovechef for more hiking and camping recipes!