Hey all you ski bums and bunnies, here’s the news you’ve been sitting on the edge of your t-bar for. The opening of the NSW and VIC ski season is less than a month away!
Today Thredbo announced that the resort will be reopening (conditions permitting) on June 22nd! Yeeeew!
Perisher is yet to officially announce when they’ll be reopening, but fingers crossed for the end of June.
In order for the slopes to stay as safe as possible, Thredbo will be introducing several measures to limit the number of people who are able to shred at one time.
- The mountains will be operating at 50% capacity – that means half as many skiers and snowboarders, but twice as much space
- You’ll need to pre-purchase single or multi-day lift passes at the online shop before arriving – the number of available passes will be capped
- There’ll only be two people allowed per quad chair and gondola and only one person at a time on a T-bar
- There’ll only be private snow sport lessons this year – no group lessons
- When waiting in line for a lift, keep your distance by lining up ‘tip to tail’
Thredbo ski passes will be for sale online from 11.59pm Wednesday June 10, so get your mates together now and figure out those snow weekends! These tickets are gonna get gobbled up quicker than Splendour.
Feature photo by @henrybrydon