We’re stoked to announce that we’re launching a paid internship program within our Editorial Team!
We’re on the hunt for a current student or recent university graduate who’s keen to gain some experience working in the heart of a small independent digital publisher. Is that you? Then read on my friend!
- 3 month paid internship
- 2 days a week (15 hours a week)
- Payment to be discussed upon finding the right candidate
- Based anywhere within Australia (ideally Northern Rivers NSW, Sydney or Darwin so you can get face to face with some of our team)
- Need your own laptop and ability to work from home
What You’ll be Doing
You’ll be responsible for getting the weekly content published on WeAreExplorers.co for the whole world to read!
- Uploading edited written content into WordPress and formatting to fit the WAE style
- Linking to other relevant articles on the site and checking included links are working and high quality
- Ensuring title, headings, and meta copy are SEO optimised
- Compressing and uploading photos into WordPress, labelling them, captioning, and including them appropriately in articles
- Flagging where fact-checking, further information or photo editing may be required
- Pinning locations on our Adventure map and cross referencing with Google maps
- Including sponsor information, next to load, author, social image and copy
- Creating author profiles
- Tagging and categorising new articles
- Updating old articles to fit current guidelines
The Kind of Person We’re Looking For
We’re a pretty tight-knit bunch with a shared passion for the outdoors and protecting the planet – and we hope you are too!
We’re looking for;
- A current student or recent university graduate with a relevant degree (Journalism/English/Marketing/Public Relations)
- A passion for writing, travel, and the great outdoors
- Ideally you’ll already be a weekend explorer, actively engaged in the adventure scene
- Ideally have experience working with websites and/or personal blogs (e.g. WordPress)
- A humorous, informative, raw, and entertaining writing style
- A proactive, enthusiastic learner, dedicated to building skills and expertise in digital media and marketing
How do I Apply?
Have we convinced you yet? To apply for the internship please email email@example.com with;
- Your CV
- A short cover letter
- 150 words on what adventure means to you (remember to keep this fun, humourous, and entertaining in the style of WAE).
We’ll be on the lookout for interns every three months or so, so if you’re keen but the timing is off, send an application anyway and let us know when you’re available to start.
Applications close Friday July 2nd 2021.
Feature photo by @henry_brydon