Wondering how to spend your upcoming Sunday arvo? Head to Sydney’s Northern Beaches for Carpark Cinema & Climate Convos!
Hosted by Surfers for Climate and Surfrider Foundation (and supported by Patagonia!), Carpark Cinema & Climate Convos is a free (!!) series of film screenings and chats with surf communities and surf activists about what the bloody hell we’re gonna do about climate change!
Three films will be screened throughout the event;
- Never Town – Patagonia’s locally shot surf doco
- Come Hell or High Water – Keith Malloy’s ode to bodysurfing
- Regenerating Australia – Damon Gameau’s new short film
with a panel discussion on ‘Solutions to the Climate Crisis’ and ‘Politics in the Pit’ held between screenings.
Expect to hear from the likes of;
- Tim Silverwood of Ocean Impact Org
- Patagonia surf ambassador Heath Joske
- Clarence Bruinsma of the Indigenous nursery ‘Bush to Bowl’
- James Griffin, NSW Minister for Enviroment & Heritage
- Federal Green candidate Kristyn Glanville
Everything kicks off with a community surf at 3pm at Freshwater Beach, the main event will starting at Harbord Hotel, Freshwater at 5pm.
Get down there!