Breakfast, without a doubt, the most important and delicious meal of the day. And we’re doing it the campfire way.
How To Make A Campfire Big BrekkiePLAY VIDEO
The sun is shining, Kookaburras are laughing, waves are crashing and your tummy is rumbling. Time to fuel up for all those adventures you’ve got mapped out for the day. It’s gotta be hearty, healthy and heckin tasty. Our two skillet campfire big brekkie is the simple and scrumptious solution that will fill the tummies of your entire camping crew.
5-10 mins (depending how many mates you can recruit to help)
- Olive oil
- 100g Prosciutto
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, torn
- 3 shallots, cut chunky
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms, roughly chopped
- ½ loaf bread, torn into chunks
- Olive oil
- 6-8 eggs (ask your mates how many they want!)
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 30g parmesan
- Chuck the two skillets over a medium-hot part of the campfire and drizzle both with a good glug of olive oil. Let the skillets warm up over the fire until the olive oil is heated.
- In the first skillet, add the prosciutto, shallots, kale, mushrooms and the torn-up chunks of bread. Allow the ingredients to char and toss them every minute for five minutes.
- In the last minute of cooking, add in the garlic and stir it through. When the veggies are cooked and slightly charred it’s time to pull the skillet from the fire.
- Meanwhile, crack your eggs into the second skillet and sprinkle the chilli flakes and ground turmeric over the top. When the egg whites are set, they’re ready, so remove your skillet from the heat.
- Shave some delicious parmesan over the eggs and allow the residual heat from the skillet to melt the cheese over the eggs in all it’s ooey, gooey glory.
- Divide the lot up into bowls to serve.