We Are Explorers is growing, and we need a legend to join our Editorial Team to help us smash our goals. Working alongside our Editor, the Assistant Editor will help us build WAE into the best damn adventure platform out there.
Permanent Full Time | Based in Sydney
As the Assistant Editor at We Are Explorers you’ll work closely alongside the Editor to achieve website goals through inspiring and informative content focused on adventure, nature and the outdoors in the Australasia region.
We Are Explorers is a small and progressive company intent on unleashing the explorer inside all of us through soul-tingling content and events – we’re looking for someone early in their journalism career who’s keen to build something beautiful and inspiring; to make their day job as fulfilling as their jam-packed weekends.
Partnering with the bravest brands and destinations in the world, we’re having a wild time growing this business as a small and dedicated team of humanoids. We’re offering a rare opportunity to build your skillset quickly within an environment that values and rewards creativity, fun, ambition, humour, honesty and good ol’ fashioned elbow grease.
Oh, and your office is one of most unique in the world too – a warehouse tucked away within the foundations of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- Editing submissions and providing feedback to writers.
- Helping to manage our Explorer Project.
- Optimising current content to be as Google friendly as possible.
- Uploading and formatting in WordPress CMS.
- Article writing across verticals – both organic and sponsored.
- Copy-writing, author briefs, proofreading.
- Research for certain articles and sourcing images.
- Idea generation and sourcing angles for the Newsdesk.
- Support in preparing the weekly EDM.
- Ability to nail the renegade, offbeat and humorous tone of WAE.
- A genuine love of the outdoors and squeezing the juice out of life.
- Degree in Journalism, English or similar preferred.
- Creativity and imagination.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working in an editorial environment desirable.
- Must be able to show examples of previous work.
- Attention to detail and strong apostrophe use.
- Time management and the ability to prioritise workloads.
Exploring is a radical act. Discuss. (In no more than 300 words).
Please email your response to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and short cover letter. Applications close 28th July 2019.