If you’re an experienced content producer with an adventurous spirit and s**t hot project management skills, then you should check out our latest position at We Are Explorers. WARNING: may involve travel to insanely beautiful locations.
Adventure Content Producer
Part-time Contract | Mix of home, office and in-field work
We Are Explorers is a fast-growing adventure platform in Australia, creating content and events that spread the power and excitement of outdoor adventure. We partner with tourism boards and outdoor brands to create owned content (films/images/articles) that we can also distribute through our owned media channels that reach hundreds of thousands of people each month.
Established in 2014, our most recent campaign reached over 2 million adventure hungry eyeballs. In 2017 we worked with destinations including Tourism NT, Visit Shoalhaven and Cradle Coast Tasmania and brands such as The North Face, Kathmandu and BMW. It was a rad year!
Working closely with the founder (and commercial director) the Adventure Content Producer will play a lead role in delivering digital content projects for We Are Explorers, the focus being video, imagery and written content for online and social media campaigns mainly.
- Manage end to end campaigns for the Explorer Studios (We Are Explorers’ content agency), from project sign-off through to execution.
- Creating inspiring brand stories for clients in a multitude of weird and wonderful ways. We’re looking for someone who understands how to make engaging and soul-tingling content.
- Client management, WIP meetings, setting budgets and production schedules, assembling crews, managing multi-day shoots in the back of beyond…you name it.
- Turning occasionally loose ideas into something fantastical that is ‘on brand’
- Leading the media distribution across We Are Explorers and extended channels (working with our editorial and social team)
- Build and nurture a network of creatives – writers, photographers, videographers, drone pilots, cinematographers and designers for future projects.
- Uploading content to various channels (WordPress and social)
- Ambitious individual with a minimum of 2 years experience in a digital content production / project management role in an agency, media or production house.
- A genuine passion for nature, adventure and the outdoors; someone eager to spread the good vibes.
- Advanced knowledge of video pre-production, production and post-production, including workflows and processes, equipment and software programs/tools.
- A skilled project manager; planning, execution and follow up reporting.
- A creatively minded, strategic thinking multi-tasker with a meticulous approach to their work.
- Excellent communicator with external clients and internal teams.
- Experience using WordPress and project management software.
- Location – ideally near Byron Bay or Sydney but flexible for the right candidate.
- This position will initially be a freelance contract role that would suit someone with other irons in the fire.
- You’d need to be available for occasional travel around Australia and potentially further afield for certain projects.
- We’d love to hear from those with a creative background (photography/videography preferred)
How To Apply
- Submit your CV and short cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Sunday 4th February.
- Email Subject Line: Adventure Content Producer – <Your Full Name>
- Face-to-face interviews will be conducted in mid-February in the Byron or Sydney area. We’ll do initial skype calls candidates in other locations. We’d like the successful applicant to be available to start with us ASAP.
Who will you be working with?