Are you a community focused social media slayer and creative wordsmith? Keen to share and build your skillset with one of the most exciting new media brands in Australia? Read on.
Social Media & Community Manager
Permanent Full Time | Based Nr Byron Bay
Working closely with our team of adventure frothers, the Social Media and Community Manager will take responsibility for building our online and offline communities. The key areas will include social strategy, execution, advertising, community building & management and reporting.
We Are Explorers is a fast growing digital media company in Australia, creating content and experiences that spread the power and excitement of outdoor adventure. Our mission? To unleash the explorer inside the everyday Australian.
Through our in-house content agency (the Explorer Studios) we partner with brands and destinations to create content (film/imagery/copy) that we can also promote through our owned media channels that reach more than a million people each month. Recent partnerships include Destination NSW, Vanuatu Tourism, Patagonia, Kathmandu and Paypal. It’s been a wild ride so far, but we’re just getting started.
- Develop, execute and own the social strategy alongside the commercial and editorial team.
- Create, plan and take responsibility for our content calendar across all social media platforms – namely Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- Write and schedule copy for organic and sponsored social posts.
- Run ads using Facebook Ads Manager and report on campaigns.
- Use a variety of social media scheduling, tracking and listening tools to analyse data and form insights to assist with ongoing social media strategy development.
- Stay on top of new social media trends and platform developments, identifying opportunities and informing the wider business on new ways to connect with our community.
- Manage and help grow our Facebook Group.
- Maintain and launch fresh community initiatives for We Are Explorers – ambassador programs, event series and adventure grants (This one, for example)
- Build the Explorer Project Community – recruiting new members and create meet-ups around the country. This will involve developing leading Explorers in other states too, and providing everything they need to grow the networks across the country.
- Manage the distribution of our merchandise through our upcoming store.
- Develop, test and evolve our email marketing strategy.
- Prepare EDMs for out 44,000 database.
- Share EDMs with our network of Explorers and Creatives.
- Support sponsored events with brands via the Explorer Studios
- Help run and build Adventure Tales – our bi-monthly talk series in Sydney
- 2 years minimum experience working in social media (client or agency side).
- Experience managing communities across a variety of social media platforms.
- Have a wild imagination.
- Strong copywriting skills is essential to nail our tone of voice.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Canva, Hubspot, Facebook Ads Manager and YouTube Business Manager
- A collaborative team player with exceptional communication skills.
- Strong connection to travel and outdoor adventure.
- Approach work with high-energy and drive.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and short cover letter