Are you a digital content producer with 1-2 years experience and an unprecedented love for outdoor adventure? Well, this new position within the We Are Explorers team may just pique your interest…
Digital Content Producer
3 month contract | 3 days per week
We Are Explorers is a fast-growing adventure platform in Australia, creating content and experiences that spread the power and excitement of the outdoors, whilst making nature more accessible for everyone. We partner with tourism boards and outdoor brands to create owned content (films/images/editorial) that we can also distribute through our owned media channels reaching hundreds of thousands of people each month.
Established in 2014, our recent campaign partnerships include tourism boards such as Tourism NT, Destination NSW, Vanuatu Tourism and NW Tasmania, and brands such as The North Face, Kathmandu and BMW. It’s been a wild ride so far, but we’re just getting started.
Working closely with the founder (and commercial director) the Digital Content Producer will play a key role in delivering digital content projects for We Are Explorers, the focus being mainly video, social and experiential content for online and social media campaigns.
- Manage end to end campaigns for the Explorer Studios (We Are Explorers’ content agency) from project sign-off through to execution.
- Managing the content promotion across We Are Explorers and extended channels (working closely with our editor and social media manager).
- Assist commercial director when responding to client briefs to ensure creative responses (turning occasionally loose ideas into something fantastical).
- Creating inspiring brand stories for clients in a multitude of weird and wonderful ways.
- Client management, WIP meetings, setting budgets and production schedules, assembling crews, managing multi-day shoots in the back of beyond…you name it.
- Build and nurture a network of creatives – writers, photographers, videographers, drone pilots, cinematographers and designers for future projects.
- Uploading content to various channels (WordPress and social).
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in a digital content production/project management role in an agency, media or production house.
- Ambitious individual with a high level of organisation and project management skills.
- A genuine passion for nature, adventure and the outdoors; someone eager to spread the good vibes.
- A skilled project manager; planning, execution and follow up reporting.
- A creatively minded, strategic thinking multi-tasker with a meticulous approach to their work.
- You will need to have a strong desire to tell stories across multiple formats – visual, written and audio.
- Excellent communicator with external clients and internal teams.
- Experience using WordPress and project management software ideal.
- Location – Sydney
- This will be a 3 month contract role (3 days a week) with a view to extend and expand.
- You’ll mainly be working from home, with weekly meet-ups with the team as well as client catch ups and some in-field production duties.
- You’d need to be available for occasional travel around Australia and potentially further afield for certain projects.
- Please use this google form to apply.
- Applications close Sunday 15th July.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called mid July and face-to-face interviews will happen late July in Sydney. We’d like the successful applicant to be available to start with us ASAP.