Immerse yourself in Gumbaynggirr culture as you paddle through pristine waterways; you’ll be supporting a 100% Aboriginal-owned social enterprise.
- Authentic cultural experience
- Paddle through the pristine waterways of Solitary Islands Marine Park
- Support a 100% Aboriginal-owned social enterprise
Yilaami! Come with us. Wajaana Yaam Gumbaynggirr Adventure Tours is a two and half hour paddle through pristine waterways, where you’ll be immersed in the Gumbaynggirr culture. Learn language, taste bush tucker, listen to traditional stories and experience important cultural sites, lead by Gumbaynggirr guides.
Your paddle has the power to do good for the wider community. Wajaana Yaam Gumbaynggirr Adventure Tours is a 100% Aboriginal-owned social enterprise, your visit will support their associated not-for-profit which works to increase cultural knowledge in young Aboriginal adults and children within the local area.
- Stand up paddle demonstration
- Paddle up the creek, stopping at several culturally significant Gumbaynggirr sites
- Listen to cultural stories and taste seasonal bush tucker
- Morning tea break, a baked treat with flavours inspired by the bush
- Return paddle
- Stand up paddleboard, or kayak and paddle
- Sharing of cultural knowledge, stories, bush food, language
- Experience important Gumbaynggirr sites
- Long sleeve rash guard
- A bush-inspired treat baked by sister not-for-profit catering company
What do I need to bring?
- Swimmers or Board Shorts
Location: Solitary Islands Marine Park
Tour Provider: Wajaana Yaam Gumbaynggirr Adventure Tours
Price per person: $80 per adult
Group Size: 4 – 15 persons