Get your adrenalin pumping and explore magical waterfalls and hot springs on the squeeze jet boat tour in Rotorua/Taupo.
- Jet boat thrills and spins
- A thermally heated waterfall on the banks of the Mighty Waikato river
The tour starts with a gentle cruise down the Waikato River through the stunning Tutukau Gorge, and into an active geothermal area, whilst receiving a live commentary from your insightful guide.
Exit the boat and venture through an ancient rock passage that leads you to a hot geothermal waterfall and natural hot pool. The perfect combination of fantasy, adventure and relaxation.
Feel the adrenaline pumping through your veins as the driver darts through narrow gaps, overhanging trees and completes the famous Hamilton 360 spins on your thrill ride home.
10:00 – Leave Rotorua/Taupo
10:30 – Arrive at base to get ready for tour
11:00 – Jet boat departs (45min scenic ride)
11:45 – Get out of the boat at Orakei Korako or at the squeeze (1 hour activity)
1:00 – Hop back onboard jet boat and head back (thrill ride)
1:30 – 2:00 – Arrive back at the base
2:00 – 2:30 – Leave river jet base for next Rotorua or Taupo adventure!
- Scenic ride in the jet boat with inclusive commentary on the history and significance of the river
- An adventure, through a tight rock passage whilst in warm water
- Making your way up to a warm waterfall to soak yourself in!
- A thrill ride in the jet boat, including tricky manoeuvres, turns and of course, the Hamilton spins!
- Personal guide
- All required equipment and safety gear (except swimwear and towel)
What do I need to bring?
- Swimwear and towel
- Lunch and drink
- Warm gloves, beanies, and scarves in winter
- Sunscreen and water
Tour Operator: New Zealand Riverjet
Duration: 2.5 hours
Price per person: $189 (NZD)
Group size: 2-40