Are you a creative social media whiz and lover of outdoor adventure? Keen to share and build your skillset with one of the most exciting, purpose-driven media brands in Australia? Read on.
Social Media Manager
Permanent Full Time | Based in Sydney
Working closely with our team of adventure frothers, the Social Media Manager will take responsibility for building our online communities, bringing a high level of creativity and analytics to the role. Key areas will include social strategy, execution, advertising, community growth, community management and reporting. Essentially you’ll be our team’s go-to for all things Social Media, bringing fresh ideas to the explorer table every day.
We Are Explorers is a small and progressive company intent on unleashing the explorer inside all of us through soul-tingling content and events – we’re looking for someone early in their digital media career who’s keen to drive a thriving brand and online community; to make their day job as fulfilling as their jam-packed weekends.
Partnering with the bravest brands and destinations in the world, we’re having a wild time growing this business as a small and dedicated team of ambitious humans. We’re offering a rare opportunity to build your skillset quickly within an environment that values and rewards creativity, fun, ambition, humour, honesty and good ol’ fashioned elbow grease.
What’s more, our office is one of most unique in the world – a warehouse tucked away within the foundations of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- Develop, execute and take ownership of the social strategy across the We Are Explorers network – to build our audience and drive engagement.
- Create, plan and take responsibility for our content calendar across all social media platforms – namely Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube. Explore fresh approaches to Twitter and Pinterest.
- Manage and execute our paid social strategy across Facebook Ads Manager and report on campaigns.
- Work closely with our editorial and commercial team to create and schedule copy for organic and sponsored social posts in a variety of visual formats.
- Manage and grow our Facebook Group.
- Build the Explorer Project Community – recruit new members and create meet-ups around the country. This will involve developing leading Explorers in other states too, and providing everything they need to grow the networks across the country.
- Maintain and launch fresh community initiatives for We Are Explorers – ambassador programs, event series and adventure grants (this one, for example).
- Use a variety of social media scheduling, tracking and listening tools to analyse data and form insights to assist with ongoing social media strategy development.
- Stay on top of new social media trends and platform developments, identify opportunities and informing the wider business on new ways to connect with our community.
- 2 years minimum experience working in a social media role (client or agency side)
- Expert knowledge and passion for the power of social media networks, and how best to leverage them.
- Successful track record in building, implementing and optimising paid social campaigns.
- Experience managing communities across a variety of social media platforms.
- Excellent copywriting skills are essential to nail our tone of voice.
- A love for pitching tents in wild places and embracing our outdoor adventure playground.
- A fun and collaborative team player with exceptional communication skills.
- An out-of-the-box thinker with a wild imagination, approaching work with high-energy, drive and ambition
- Experience using the Adobe creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere).
- Marketing, Journalism or Business degree preferred.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and short cover letter (Applications close 15th September 2019)
- Taking into account the We Are Explorers tone of voice (humorous, quirky, fun and fairly flippin off-beat) please caption the following 5 photos in no more than 50 words each: