Six days of cycling day trips, from Australia’s alpine peaks through to the coastal wilderness of East Gippsland.
- Catch views of Mt Kosciuszko
- Explore multiple terrains from lush rainforest to alpine snow gum forests
- A support vehicle to carry your kit!
A six-day tour cycling from the highest mountains in Australia to the untouched and wild hinterland of East Gippsland. You will cycle on a variety of roads, almost all unsealed, from quiet regional roads, to forest tracks that rarely see a vehicle. Each night you’ll stay at simple but comfy accommodation, all meals are included in the tour plus a few cheeky morning teas.
Snowy River Cycling allows you to enjoy your time on the bike as much as possible, by providing you with an experienced local guide and support vehicle.
Day 1 – Snowy River Valley
- Depart Orbost check into accommodation for the first two nights
- Head out for a 30km arvo ride in the Snowy River Valley
Day 2 – Alpine National Park
- Kick start the day with a 30km ride, in the Alpine National Park climbing to an altitude of 1500m
- The hilliest day, you’ll be rewarded with magical snow gum woodlands, alpine meadows, and amazing views
Day 3 – Snowy River Valley – McKillops Bridge
- A 50km ride to explore the Snowy River Valley, crossing the river at McKillops Bridge and following the Deddick Valley
- Transport to the next accommodation at Delegate
Day 4 – Errinundra Plateau
- Spend the day riding on tracks on the Errinundra Plateau through tall gums, ferns and temperate rainforest before returning to Delegate
Day 5 – Errinundra Plateau 2
- Heading back to the plateau, ride 50km descending over 20km through ever-changing forest
- Vehicle transport to the coast for the final night
Day 6 – East Gippsland Hinterland
- The final ride of the tour is 30km around coastal heathland and forests edging the uninhabited Wilderness Coast
- Return transport to Orbost
- Six days supported cycling with a guide, support vehicle, first aid, mechanical backup, and remote area communications
- Five nights in hostel, cottage or pub accommodation
- All meals throughout the trip
- Optional, bike hire and single room supplements
What do I need to bring?
- Clothing suitable for riding conditions
- Bike and spare tubes/bike tool kit,
- Snowy River Cycling offers bike hire
Location: East Gippsland, Victoria
Tour Provider: Snowy River Cycling
Duration: 6 Days – 8am departure – 3pm return
Price per person: $2095
Group Size: 6 – 10 persons