Our greatest talent has come within our community, so if you think you know someone who hits the glorious trifecta we’re after – sales skills, adventure passion and being a thoroughly good human – then please share!
Sales and Partnerships Manager
Permanent Full Time | Based in Sydney
We Are Explorers is looking for an experienced Sales Manager to grow our independent media brand and content production studio into 2020 and beyond. If you’re a successful sales professional in the media and/or digital space, with a genuine passion for travel, outdoor adventure and the protecting our natural world, then read on.
We’re a small but big-thinking company intent on unleashing the explorer inside all of us through brand partnerships, premium content production, community events and environmental initiatives. Partnering with the bravest brands and destinations in the world, we’re having a wild time growing the business with a dedicated team of ambitious, smart people.
Recent collaborations include Canon, Kathmandu, Destination NSW, Vanuatu Tourism, Jeep, James Squire, Australian Ethical, Patagonia, Tourism Tasmania, BMW Motorad, Harley-Davidson, The North Face, Tourism NT and Paypal.
We’re offering an amazing opportunity for an entrepreneurially minded individual to drive forward our sales function, generating new business for our two core offerings: the digital publisher (We Are Explorers) and content production studio (Explorer Studios).
You’ll be based from our North Sydney office (in a warehouse within the Sydney Harbour Bridge) alongside a small team of frothers where typical projects include digital media campaigns, content partnerships with brands/agencies and outdoor film production. However, fresh initiatves that challenge us seem to launch every month!
The core responsibilities of the role
- Generate new business opportunities across We Are Explorers’ channels to meet revenue targets (through sponsored content, events, display advertising and broader collaboration packages).
- Develop Explorer Studios across film/photo production, copywriting services, influencer marketing and destination marketing.
- Collaborate with the Production, Editorial and Social teams to deliver incredible, premium solutions for our clients.
- Work with the Founder to identify and grow new revenue streams.
- Lead our sales pipeline and revenue reporting through CRM software.
- Build our presence with media agencies.
- Become a WAE ambassador within the industry.
Here’s what we’re looking for
- 2-3 years sales experience (ideally at a digital publisher or media agency) with a passion for brand partnerships.
- Highly motivated and process driven self starter able to build and maintain successful partnerships with clients.
- Bring a fresh and creative approach to ideation, proposals and presentations.
- Deliver thorough and analytical reporting to clients.
- Have a genuine love for nature, travel and the great outdoors – a passion for what our brand stands for is absolutely essential.
- Interpersonal, optimistic and collaborative team player
- Out-of-the-box thinker with a wild imagination, approaching work with curiosity, empathy and integrity.
- Existing contacts in media agencies highly desired.
We push boundaries with everything we do. Our current projects are testament to this: from crowdfunding to save a hectare of the Daintree rainforest, to making a hard-hitting short form doco (recently selected for global film festivals), and launching an adventure podcast. We even just ran a backcountry ski weekend in the Snowy Mountains.
The foundations are well and truly established; we’re now looking for someone to take We Are Explorers to the next level.
The application process
- Please email email@example.com with your CV and short cover letter.
- All candidate must have Australian Permanent Residency