Explore a rarely seen and pre-historic canyon visited through an adventure cocktail of hiking and helicopter.
- 10km return hike into the largest gorge in Purnululu National Park
- Exclusive helicopter transfers to the start of the hike
- Your private guide will immerse you into area’s cultural significance to the Aboriginal people and its unique history
Piccaninny Gorge has been explored by very few people as access is only via a 3 day hike, or by helicopter. This experience offers explorers a glimpse into the untouched rugged gorge, that will leave you feeling like you’re in another world.
- Depart Bellburn airstrip
- Heli flight south west of the Bungle Bungle to “Y” Gorge
- Land at the mouth of Piccaninny Gorge
- Guided 10km scenic walk along a rocky creek bed
- Return Heli flight via Catherdral Gorge and the beehive shaped domes.
- Morning tea
- Afternoon tea included
- Expert guides
- Scenic helicopter transfer to and from the gorge
What do I need to bring?
- Day pack
- Sturdy hiking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Water bottle
- Light jacket
Location: Purnululu National Park, WA
Tour Provider: Bungle Bungle Guided Tours
Duration: 1 day (7am to 3pm)
Price per person: $1,017
Group Size: Minimum 2
Difficulty: A Grade 5 Walk require a high level of fitness and mobility