Summit Queensland’s most impressive peak on Mt Barney Lodge’s guided tour, a class five track that will challenge the mind and body.
- Traverse a razorback ridge at 800m with experienced guides
- Unlock the 24-million-year-old story of Mt Barney, and the rare and threatened species of this Gondwana World Heritage Area
- Stand on the summit of Queensland’s most impressive peak!
A guided expedition up Mt Barney is the ultimate challenge for adventurous souls. Enjoy the freedom and solitude of the World Heritage-listed Mt Barney National Park and take advantage of your guide’s experience and local knowledge.
When participating on a mountain expedition, you may get to leave the tracks behind and explore some of the more challenging ridges and routes available. Interpretive information on plants, animals, history, and geology of the area will contribute to this memorable experience. This walk is both physically and mentally challenging!
- Depart Mt Barney Lodge
- Morning tea at the Notch before ascending the Razorback Ridge
- Lunch at the summit
- Descent via South Ridge
- Arrive back to Mt Barney Lodge
- Full expedition
- Lunch and snack packs provided
- Experienced Eco Guides Insurance
What do I need to bring?
- Full gear list supplied upon booking
- Comfy hiking clothes
- Good walking boots
Location: Mt Barney, Queensland
Tour provider: Mt Barney Lodge
Duration: Full day – 11hrs
Price per person: $150
Group size: 1:5 leader to participant ratio
Difficulty: Intermediate to expert