Learn and broaden your mountaineering skills at Australia’s backcountry playground, Blue Lake.
- Camping in the snow in the backcountry of Kosciuszko National Park
- Swinging ice axes and kicking crampons into waterfall ice and climbing steep snow gullies
- Learning mountaineering and backcountry survival skills in Australia’s mountaineering training ground, Blue Lake
This course is designed for outdoor adventurers keen to broaden their horizons into the world of mountaineering. The course will equip you with skills you need to head out on your own backcountry adventures or climb your dream mountain peak overseas.
Pre-course meeting: 4pm in Jindabyne the afternoon before the course commences to complete gear checks and issue equipment/food.
Day 1: Meet at 7:30am in Jindabyne. Finalise packing and travel to Guthega Village. Hike to our snow base camp and set up camp.
Day 2,3,4: Mountain skills training and ice climbing at Blue Lake. Finish approx. 4pm at Guthega Village on the 4th day.
- Three nights camping in the Kosciusko National Park – NPWS usage and permit fees and public liability insurance
- Skills instruction by a fully qualified instructor
- The use of group emergency equipment (First Aid Kit, PLB, GPS, maps and compasses)
- The use of group camping equipment (tents, stoves, toileting kits)
- The use of group technical climbing equipment (ropes, snow stakes, ice screws, climbing hardware)
- The use of some personal technical climbing equipment (snowshoes, trekking poles, crampons, ice axes, harnesses, helmets and climbing hardware)
- All meals during the course (from Day 1 lunch to Day 4 lunch)
What Do I Need To Bring?
- Participants will be sent a full equipment list upon their enquiry
- Participants will need to bring their own clothing for the course
- Some personal equipment can be hired and most personal and group technical equipment is provided
Location: Jindabyne, NSW
Tour provider: Allie Pepper Adventures
Duration: 4 days
Price per person: $1350
Group size: 4
Difficulty: Intermediate – Expert