Explore the best of Sydney Harbour from the water on this scenic kayak adventure.
- Top-notch sea kayaks and equipment
- Highly experienced kayak guide
- Exclusive access to the seldom-visited Goat Island (Memel).
Paddle Pirates will take you on a proper mini kayaking expedition from Blackwattle Bay right to the Heart of Sydney Harbour. We’ll kayak past all the great Sydney icons before landing in a secret cove and exploring the magnificent Goat Island (Memel).
We have high end single and double sea kayaks as well as providing all the top-notch gear you need to smash it on the harbour. Be warned – there is adrenaline involved!
Meet at our boatshed on the water at Glebe and get fitted into your single or double kayak. After a quick safety briefing and forward stroke demo, we’ll paddle out under the Anzac Bridge, along world class urban renewal of Pyrmont, past Darling Harbour and right in front of The Sydney Harbour Bridge for photos.
We’ll then land in a secret cove on Goat Island (Memel in the Gadigal language of our indigenous brothers and sisters to whom the island was and still is a very special place) where we’ll explore the seldom visited island on foot. The island is a designated conservation zone and landing is only allowed with a special permit which is arranged and included in your tour.
Once we’ve walked around the island for about thirty minutes we’ll get back in our kayaks and continue our adventure finishing off at our start point at Blackwattle Bay. The end point is very close to the famous Sydney Fish Markets where you can treat yourself to a well earned lunch.
- Top-notch single or double sea kayaks
- High-end carbon fibre paddles
- PFD (life jacket)
- Personal kayaking gear such as rashies, hats, and gloves if you don’t have your own
What do I need to bring?
- It’s best to wear synthetic sports type clothing that can get wet
- A full change of clothes for when we’re finished
- Bring and a towel if you want to use our well equipped private change rooms
- There is plenty of room in our kayaks for your drinks and snacks
Location: 123 Ferry Road, Glebe NSW
Tour Operator: Paddle Pirates
Duration: 3.5 hours
Price per person: $100
Group size: 6
Difficulty: Beginners – Advanced (we cater depending on the group)