Take a 10 day trip to the outback of Northern Australia. Find out what life was like in the past and the present while living a rustic-luxe life.
- Enjoy a 2-day experience with an Indigenous guide showing you 450 incredible rock artworks
- 5 days hiking in the remote region near the NT/QLD border with rustic-luxe touches
- Insight into a working cattle station and if mustering is taking place, witness the spectacle of the round-up process – moving livestock with stockmen on horses or in a helicopter (or both!)
Escape to Australia’s most remote and untouched wilderness areas with intimate experiences and luxe wilderness accommodation. Your voyage combines 4WD exploration and trekking, etched with Indigenous culture.
Witness millennia-old artworks and gain insight into life on a cattle station. Your guides will showcase their secrets spots, recount stories of people and Indigenous inhabitants, explorers, and settlers who created the history of this area.
- Day 1 – Arrival
- Day 2 – Rock Art and Indigenous Culture
- Day 3 – Outback & Return to Cairns
- Day 4 – Fly to Mt Isa
- Day 5 – Stockcamp
- Day 6 – Pinnacle Trail
- Day 7 – River View Walk
- Day 8 – Lost City
- Day 9 – Mt Isa
- Day 10 – Departure
Contact Crooked Compass for a comprehensive itinerary.
- Private transportation
- Equipment (tents, bedding, etc)
- Private professional, local and experienced outback guide
- Accommodation according to the schedule
- All daily activities, permit and entry fees
- One way domestic flight Cairns/Mt Isa– Economy Class
- Return transfers to/from Mt Isa
What do I need to bring?
- Sleeping bag
- Travel pillow
- Swimming towel
- Hiking shoes
Location: Start in Cairns, Finish in Mt Isa
Tour provider: Crooked Compass
Duration: 10 days
Price per person: $7936 twin share
Group size: 6-8