We’re looking for a paid intern to join our team in Sydney…whose game for an adventure?
Social Media & Community Manager // Job Description
3 month paid part-time internship || 2 full days a week || Office based in Sydney
We are Explorers is an adventure lifestyle website that get’s more people outside. We’re an unruly tribe of microadventurers, weekend warriors & content creators who hear the call of Australia & New Zealand’s wild places.
Our mission? Unlock the coolest shit to do in the outdoors; making it easy and accessible for everyone whilst spreading the excitement and power of adventure.
We’ve been experiencing solid growth over the last 6 months (including working with brands such as Leatherman, Harley Davidson and Osprey) and it’s now time to bring in a social media star to take us to the next level.
We’re becoming the region’s most respected, go-to adventure platform for the everyday explorer. Social media is an integral pillar to achieving this and we’re looking for a someone to join our team and grab it by the horns.
Based at our co-working space, the primary aims are to increase traffic to the website, drive engagement and continue to grow the brand so the ideal person is someone who can nail our tone of voice and use a creative, out-of-the-box thinking approach to everything they do.
This is a massive opportunity that will lead into a more permanent role for the right candidate.
- Create, plan and take responsibility for our content calendar across all social media platforms
- Write, manage and track posts on core WAE social channels (Facebook / Instagram) and develop presence on other currently neglected channels (Twitter, Pinterest / Snapchat)
- Generate fresh editorial content using your fantastic copywriting skills that has a humorous, raw and entertaining style
- Manage and develop our influencer programs and the Explorer Project
- Curate and write the weekly newsletter (currently over 10,000 readers)
- Community management for on the blog comments and the newly launched Escape forum
- Upload content to wordpress and ensure it’s SEO friendly, meta-tagged etc.
- Researching for potential brand partners and other collaborative opportunities
- Identify trends and performance of social/marketing campaigns in order to tailor strategies for future success
- Experience working across multiple social media platforms
- Ideally experience working with websites and/or personal blogs (e.g. wordpress)
- A passion for writing, travel and the great outdoors
- A humorous, informative, raw and entertaining writing style
- Ideally you will already be a weekend explorer, actively engaged in the adventure scene
- Photography and Videography skills would be beneficial
- Current or recent graduate with relevant degree (Marketing/Public Relations/Journalism)
- Proactive, enthusiastic learner, dedicated to building skills and expertise in social, digital media and marketing
Apply by emailing [email protected] with the following:
- Your CV
- Your social platforms (and any commercial social media experience)
- 150 words on what Adventure means to you (remember to keep this quirky, humorous and entertaining in the style of WAE)