Are you a social media wiz-kid with a love for adventure and writing? We’re hiring…
Social Media Co-ordinator // Job Description
3 month paid part-time internship || 10-15 hours a week || Mix of Office and Home-based work
We are Explorers is an adventure lifestyle brand that get’s more people outside. We’re an unruly tribe of microadventurers, weekend warriors & content creators who hear the call of Australia & New Zealand’s wild places.
Our mission? Unlock the coolest shit to do in the outdoors; making it easy and accessible for everyone whilst spreading the excitement and power of adventure.
We’ve been experiencing solid growth over the last 12 months (including working with brands and destinations such as BMW, Leatherman, Harley Davidson and Visit Victoria) and it’s now time to bring in a social media legend to take us to the next level.
We’re becoming the region’s most respected, go-to adventure platform for the everyday explorer. Social media is an integral pillar to achieving this and we’re looking for a someone to join our team and grab it by the horns.
The primary aims are to increase traffic to the website, drive engagement and continue to grow the brand so the ideal person is someone who can nail our tone of voice and use a creative, out-of-the-box thinking approach to everything they do.
- Create, plan and take responsibility for our content calendar across all social media platforms (mainly Facebook and Instagram using Hootsuite).
- Write copy for social posts across all channels
- Suggest and implement strategies to accelerate growth of our Instagram channel and build our presence on Pinterest
- Community management
- Identify trends and performance of social/marketing campaigns in order to tailor strategies for future success
- Experience working with Facebook and Instagram to grow a brand following.
- Ideally experience working with websites and/or personal blogs (e.g. wordpress).
- A passion for writing, travel and the great outdoors
- A humorous, informative, raw and entertaining writing style
- Ideally you will already be a weekend explorer, actively engaged in the adventure scene
- Photography and videography skills would be beneficial
- Current or recent graduate with relevant degree (Marketing/Public Relations/Journalism)
- Proactive, enthusiastic learner, dedicated to building skills and expertise in social, digital media and marketing
Apply by emailing [email protected] with the following:
- Your CV and 100 words why you’re the person for this job.
- Your social platforms and/or blog (plus any commercial social media experience)
- Taking into account the We Are Explorers tone of voice (humorous, quirky, fun and fairly flippin off-beat) please caption the following 5 photos in no more than 50 words each: