Our greatest talent has come through our community, so if you think you know someone with proven sales skills, a passion for adventure and a desire to supercharge their career with a bunch of misfits then please share!
Sales and Partnerships Manager
Permanent Full Time | Ideally Mullumbimby or Sydney (but can be remote)
We Are Explorers is a new-wave digital publisher on a mission to inspire every Australian to live an outdoor lifestyle and protect our planet. As a purpose-driven BCorp we care deeply about our natural world and won Mumbrella’s 2020 Consumer Publication of the Year.
Through strategic brand partnerships, premium content production and environmental initiatives we partner with wildly ambitious brands and have a fun time in the process with a team of brilliant people. Recent collabs include Patagonia, Canon, Jeep and Tourism Queensland.
We’re now looking for an experienced Sales Manager to grow our media brand and content production studio through long-term partnerships. If you’re a successful and solutions focused sales professional in the media and/or digital space with a genuine passion for travel, outdoor adventure, and the natural world, then read on.
We’re offering an amazing opportunity for an entrepreneurially minded individual to spearhead our sales function; to strategise and generate new business for our two core offerings: the digital publisher (We Are Explorers) and content production studio (Explorer Studios). Typical projects include digital media campaigns, content partnerships with brands or agencies, and outdoor film production.
- Respond to briefs and generate new business opportunities to meet revenue targets through insightful and creative ideas
- Manage the end-to-end sales process from brief to post-campaign reporting
- Develop Explorer Studios across film and photo production, copywriting services, influencer marketing and destination marketing
- Collaborate with the Production, Editorial, and Social teams to deliver premium solutions for every client
- Ownership of sales strategy, pipeline and revenue reporting through CRM software
- Work with the Founder to identify and grow new revenue streams
- Build our presence with media agencies
- Become a key WAE ambassador within the industry
- 3-5 years digital sales experience (ideally at a digital publisher or media agency) with a passion for brand partnerships
- Highly motivated and process driven self starter able to build and maintain successful partnerships with clients
- Bring a fresh and creative approach to ideation, proposals and presentations
- Deliver thorough and analytical reporting to clients
- Have a genuine love for nature, travel and great outdoors – a passion for what our brand stands for is absolutely essential
- Interpersonal, optimistic and collaborative team player
- Out-of-the-box thinker with a wild imagination, approaching work with curiosity, empathy, and integrity
- Existing contacts in media agencies highly desired
We push boundaries in everything we do – community initiatives, festival-winning films, podcasts, event series… we genuinely believe the outdoors has the power to transform people and the planet. If you’re a sales superstar wanting to do meaningful work that shifts the needle in the travel and conservation space then we’d absolutely love to hear from you.
This position can be based from our head office in Mullumbimby (Northern NSW) or as a remote position for the right candidate.
The Application Process
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and short cover letter.
- All candidates must have Australian Permanent Residency