A bite-sized taste of Victoria’s Great Ocean Walk.
- Walk 32km of the iconic Victorian coastline
- Guaranteed koala sitings at Aire River Campsite
- Experience the Great Ocean Road and 12 Apostles
Experience some of the best sections of the Great Ocean Walk on a two-day hike with Good Times Tours. The hike begins at Blanket Bay and finishes 19.5km later at the stunning Aire River West campground. The final day is slightly shorter at 12.5km to Johanna Beach. All up a stunning 32km snapshot of the complete 100km Great Ocean Walk. The proposed itinerary offers the best for a combination of beach walking, coastal views, maritime history, and eucalyptus forests.
Good Times Tours is an independent tour business run by sole operator Jono Ingram, tour groups are inclusive and kept small for maximum enjoyment!
Day 1 – Blanket Bay to Aire River
- Departing Melbourne early, road trip along the Great Ocean Road to hike start point
- Walk 19.5km from Blanket Bay to Aire River
- Traverse dense gum forests, take in breathtaking coastal vistas and spend the night camping under the stars at Aire River Campsite
Day 2 – Aire River to Johanna Beach
- Walk 12.5km from Aire River to Johanna Beach
- Wind your way along the coast, catching spectacular views of the Southern Ocean from clifftop perches, pit-stop at Castle Cove and complete the hike at Johana Beach
- Catch the 12 Apostles and take a short walk through the Otways Rainforest on your return trip to Melbourne
- Food – BBQ Dinners, snacks, lunch and breaky
- Camping Equipment – Sleeping mats, tents, sleeping bags, camp chairs, and inflatable pillows
- Koala sighting
- Return transport from Melbourne
What do I need to bring?
- Day pack for walking
- Overnight bag with clothes for 2 days
- Water bottle, water is provided over both days
- Toiletries and baby wipes, there are no showers at the campsite
- Waterproof jacket
- Head torch
- Good walking shoes
- Sense of adventure
Location: Great Otway National Park, Victoria
Tour Provider: Good Times Tours
Duration: 2 Days – 8am departure – 7pm return
Price per person: $240
Group Size: Maximum 10 persons