Experience the remote outback, and access parts of Australia rarely seen or driven.
- The most remote motorbike tour experience in Australia
- Riding in the footprints of early explorers aboard the legendary KTM 500 EXC
- You’ll be mesmerised by all of the ‘Great Victoria Desert’ and its unexpected woodlands, vegetation and lake systems making for a very diverse and ever-changing ride
Explore and experience the most remote parts of outback Australia from a totally different perspective, aboard your KTM 500 EXC. Ride remote tracks and winding desert roads, while discovering some spectacular scenery, and be mesmerised by what Australia’s landscape has on offer.
We begin our journey on the most western edge of the Great Victorian Desert from the small mining town of Laverton. We ride, duck, and weave our way through a series of changing breakaway country, huge salt lakes, and densely vegetated woodlands. It’s the most memorable riding we’ve ever done and we’re passionate about sharing this experience with you.
DAY 1 Laverton to Lake Wells: The outback town of Laverton was once known as the wildest Gold mining town in the west and today it is the gateway to our DACA tour adventure. We leave the town of Laverton and civilisation behind us and head north through local station roads, where you will feel the vastness of our big country as you get to know your bike and get your eye in. We will ride through the De La Poer Range with its twisting, winding, and washed out tracks leading us to Lake Wells.
DAY 2 Lake Wells to Yeo Homestead: Station tracks not accessible to others and barely driven by the pastoralist are the start to the day on our way to the iconic abandoned Yeo Homestead. With a couple hundred kilometres of desert trails and tracks under our belt, we will arrive at the welcoming shady verandahs of the abandoned Yeo homestead and wash the day down.
DAY 3 Yeo Homestead to Anne Beadell: We say goodbye to our 1800’s character homestead and ride on down the Anne Beadell with its unique landscapes. The riding is unbelievable, winding and snaking its way between these landscapes that resemble a Nevada Desert, with you wanting to stop and conquer every spectacular hill with its panoramic views. As we head east, deep into Great Victoria Desert country you will get a true sense of remoteness, keep a close eye out for the camels.
DAY 4 Anne Deadell to Lake Rason: Leaving the Anne Beadell our day begins with more technical riding today, on a very unused track with vegetation brushing your bars as we snake and berm our way through a forest of desert gums and spinifex lined trails for what feels an eternity. We break out of the forest into a totally new environment, sparsely vegetated dunes and ridges with a hardpack track that leads us onto the 80km long ‘Lake Rason’.
DAY 5 Lake Rason to L.A.: We skirt the lake this morning on more tight twisting tracks with tall gums lining our route. The environment is ever-changing and challenging with blue gums becoming a blur before we get to the breakaway country and its rocky washouts. The final 50km of Great Victoria Desert is open and a welcome rest from the days exciting riding. This is a chance to soak it all in and reminisce on the 1000 kilometres of amazing and memorable riding, landscapes, and great times had along the way.
The ‘All In’ Option
With the ‘All In’ option, we will have your KTM 500 EXC-F desert-prepared and ready for adventure. The 500 is undisputedly the bike of choice for Outback Australia and will make the adventure a memory for life. We have every aspect of a desert adventure covered all your required to do is gear-up and ride!
- KTM 500 EXC-F ready for the adventure
- Two specialised support vehicles staffed with an expert crew
- Flights from Perth & return includes all transfers while on tour
- All food, meals, accommodation, fuel & support services supplied
The BYO Option
We welcome the use of your own licensed motorbike that is fully maintained and prepared for the desert adventure. Supply your own bike spares and equipment required for you to carry out basic maintenance (filter, chain, etc.) Organise your own travel to and from start and finish locations for yourself and your equipment. We can assist with the information required to arrange travel to and from these tour locations as an alternative to our ALL IN tours.
What do I need to bring?
- Riding gear during the day suitable for all conditions including DOT approved helmet, goggles, gloves x2, pants, motocross/enduro boots, suitable socks, knee guards, and body armour/enduro jacket.
- A good quality 3-litre hydration pack with the ability to carry small items such as snack bars. Something comfortable after hours, track pants, shorts shoes.
- Camera/GoPro for all the action.
- Thermal clothing is advised for unexpected wet weather riding.
- All personal luggage to be carried by HINO back-up truck. Total luggage not to exceed 20kg, keep clothing to a minimum.
- If supplying your own motorbike you will need a small, but comprehensive spares kit including basic tools for minor repairs to your own bike, tubes, levers, spark plug, chain link, and spare air filters etc.
We will send you a more detailed list of what to bring when you make your booking.
Location: Perth & Laverton, Western Australia
Tour Provider: DACA Tours
Duration: 6 days
Price per person: From $3,875
Group size: Max 10 people
Difficulty: Beginner – Advanced