Experience Queensland’s intriguing Glass House Mountains with Pinnacle Sports’s abseiling day trip. Just an hour from Brisbane you’ll be immersed in an ancient landscape, enjoy mutiple abseils over the day and climb the summit ridge 253m above sea level.
- Amazing views of the unique Glasshouse Mountains
- Conquer your fears and build confidence
- Multiple abseils and different locations
For hundreds of thousands of years, the iconic shapes of the Glasshouse Mountains have captured imaginations. Unique, dramatic peaks that spring up from the lush Sunshine Coast hinterland. Pinnacle Sport’s abseiling adventure is the perfect way to experience such an incredible part of Queensland.
Located one hour north of Brisbane, Mt Ngungun is a deservedly popular outdoor adventure destination. Here, you’ll meet your Pinnacle Guide in the morning for a quick lesson in abseil skills before heading up the trail. Warm-up with a short, atmospheric abseil amongst the ferns before climbing to the summit ridge at 253m above sea level. Spectacular 360-degree vistas await, with a stunning backdrop for your 40m descent from the rocky escarpment to the eucalypts below. What a rush!
This is a unique adventure in a unique location, one we think you’ll find quite hard to forget!
- Meet at the car park for briefing and safety equipment fitting
- Walk to the first abseil location and relax while the guide sets everything up
- Begin abseiling, aiming for two abseils each (15-metre abseils)
- Pack up and walk to the next abseil location
- Begin abseiling, aiming for two abseils each again (20-metre abseils)
- Pack up and move to next abseil location
- Begin abseiling, one abseil each (40-metre abseil)
- Pack up and walk back to car park
- Debrief and depart
- Please note this is an example itinerary and could be subject to change on the day to ensure you have the best abseiling experience possible!
- Nationally-accredited and experienced abseiling guides
- All safety equipment
- Instruction on how to use the equipment
- Approximately five abseils at three different locations
What do I need to bring?
- Non-restrictive clothing, note that the summit is exposed and weather changes quickly, so a light jacket or wind jacket can be handy
- Good walking shoes, sturdy enough to handle a rough trail
- A backpack big enough to carry all your gear plus some of the required safety equipment (e.g. ropes)
- 2-3 litres of water, hat, insect repellent, sunscreen, sunglasses
- Nourishing food and snacks, to keep you energised, happy and psyched!
Location: Glasshouse Mountains, QLD
Tour provider: Pinnacle Sports
Duration: 6.5 hours
Price per person: $159
Group size: 6-8