Spend nine adventure-filled days in the depths of Tassie’s remote, rainforest wilderness. Raft down the Franklin River, one of the last great wild rivers.
- Voted the world’s best river journey
- 9 days of pure wilderness
- Travel with the pioneers of this trip
For many people, Tasmania’s famous Franklin River is synonymous with wilderness conservation. The Franklin is one of the world’s last great wild rivers and it forges through the rugged south west of Tasmania, through deep gorges, quiet pools and magnificent temperate rainforest.
This expedition provides a true wilderness adventure, an experience we pioneered back in 1978. Regardless of the river level, you will be in good hands as our professional guides have an exceptional safety record. Despite the remoteness, our guides will ensure that the preparation of delicious meals will exceed all expectations.
Any descent of the Franklin is demanding and while previous rafting experience is not required, some wilderness knowledge, along with a sound level of fitness, is essential.
Our trip was named the best river journey in the world by Outside Magazine in 2012. Join on us on this real wilderness experience of a lifetime.
- Day 1 – Transfer to Collingwood Bridge, begin paddling
- Day 2 – Raft to Irenabyss
- Day 3 – Rafting the upper Franklin
- Day 4 – The Great Ravine
- Day 5 – The Great Ravine to Rafter’s Basin
- Day 6 – Propsting Gorge to Newlands Cascades
- Day 7 – Rafting the lower Franklin
- Day 8 – The lower Gordon River
- Day 9 – Transfer by yacht to Strahan, return to Launceston
- 2 professional rafting guides
- 8 nights camping
- 8 breakfasts, 9 lunches & 8 dinners
- Transport by private minibus Sailboat from lower Gordon River to Strahan
- All rafting and safety equipment
- Wetsuit, paddling jacket and helmet 65L waterproof gear bag
- Group camping equipment including all cooking & eating equipment
- Emergency communications & group first aid kit
What do I need to bring?
- Personal gear
Location: Franklin River, depart Launceston, Tasmania
Tour provider: Tasmania Expeditions
Duration: 9 days
Price per person: $3095
Group size: 8