Eight days of action-packed adventure, explore New Zealand’s most iconic and remote wilderness with Active Adventures.
- Hike the iconic Arthurs Pass and visit the jaw-dropping Franz Josef Glacier
- Take a scenic flight into Backcountry New Zealand and through the Mt Aspiring National Park
- Kayak through the Milford Sound
An Active Adventures trip is no ordinary adventure vacation. On this trip you’ll complete some of those ‘bucket list’ hikes and locations, but you’ll also go ‘off the beaten track’, explore remote locations and make friends with the locals!
Hike the iconic Arthur’s Pass, and visit Franz Josef Glacier before taking a scenic flight into Backcountry New Zealand. The flight will take you through the stunning Mt Aspiring National Park, and onto Siberia Valley. Then you’ll take a hike to one of New Zealand’s most remote glacial lakes, before jet boating back to civilisation. Sounds like a dream right?
Cycle the Hawea River Trail around Wanaka, spend a day in Queenstown, or conquer one of its local summits before traveling back to the West Coast and kayaking through the unforgettable Milford Sound.
You’ll also experience tasters of the Routeburn and Milford Tracks, plus enjoy top quality food and comforts along the way.
- Day 1 – Arrive South Island, travel to the Southern Alps, hike to Devil’s Punchbowl in Arthur’s Pass
- Day 2 – Hike near Franz Josef Glacier to Alex Knob or Robert’s Point, optional add on to complete a Heli Hike to one of the highest peaks in the Southern Alps
- Day 3 – Explore Siberia Valley Wilderness in Mt Aspiring National Park, optional scenic flight and hike to Lake Crucible or Makarora Adventure in Mt Aspiring National Park
- Day 4 – Hike Siberia Valley and jet boat Wilkin River, Cycle Hawea River Trail
- Day 5 – Gondola ride, hike Ben Lemond or take the day off to check out Queenstown
- Day 6 – Hike Fiordland National Park
- Day 7 – Sea kayak Milford Sound, hike Routeburn Track
- Day 8 – Depart Queenstown/South Island
- All meals and accommodation on the trip are included, except meals on the ‘free day’ in Queenstown
- Local knowledge and hiking guides
- All experiences mentioned in the itinerary, except optional Heli Hike
- All transport whilst on the trip
What do I need to bring?
- Full packing list provided upon booking confirmation
- Day pack and hiking poles
- Good walking shoes
- Outdoor gear hire is available through Active Adventures
Location: South Island, New Zealand
Tour provider: Active Adventures
Duration: 8 days
Price per person: $5699 NZ
Group size: 8-14