Get down to the NSW South Coast and paddle your way along the gorgeous Minnamurra River with the help of Escape Kayak Tours.
- A unique paddling experience on one of NSW South Coast’s pristine coastal rivers
- A fun and adventurous nature-based outdoor experience
- Crystal clear tidal waters, marine and birdlife, beautiful sheltered mangroves and unspoilt beach
We offer our guests 5 fully guided, unique and adventurous outdoor experiences to choose from:
1. Sunrise Adventure – 2 hours
2. Mangroves Adventure – 1.5 hours
3. Minnamurra Spit Adventure – 3 hours
4. Half Day Adventure – 4.5 hours
5. Paddle and Ride Adventure – 3 hours (combined kayaking and sidecar tours)
3 hour – Minnamurra Spit Adventure (Our most popular tour)
Distance: 6.5 kms
Duration: 2.25 hours paddling time + 40 mins rest breaks
This exciting tour is our most popular kayaking experience! It’s ideal for beginners, nature lovers, adventure seekers, photographers, tourists, weekenders or those who just want to escape from the hustle and bustle of a busy lifestyle.
Your adventure starts with a safety briefing where you’ll be fitted with your life jacket (PFD) and given a rundown on correct paddle techniques and the complete tour itinerary.
We’ll then set off along the Minnamurra River, at a leisurely pace, as we head towards the sheltered waters of Rocklow Creek. It’s here that you’ll explore the enchanting mangroves of Rocklow Creek, where you can observe various marine and birdlife in their natural habitat.
Then we make our way back along the Minnamurra River, heading towards the picturesque Killalea State Park. Here we’ll exit the kayaks for a short break and take a short stroll in Killalea State Park on the beautiful Mystics Beach.
Next we paddle along the sand flats of the Minnamurra River, heading towards the river mouth at the Minnamurra Spit. Here you can take in the spectacular views looking out to Rangoon Island while enjoying some light refreshments and snacks. Gourmet platters are available upon request.
We’ll then slowly paddle back to our launching area, while taking in the beauty of the Minnamurra River. There’ll be plenty of photo opportunities and rest stops along the way. A camera and sense of adventure is a must! A medium level of fitness is required for this tour.
- Professional, friendly and qualified Paddle Australia kayak guides
- Single seated Australis sea kayaks or double seated sit-on-top kayaks
- Paddles and PFDs (Lifejackets)
- UV 50+ sunscreen and 600ml bottled water
- Light refreshments/snacks
- Professional and friendly paddling tuition along the way
- FREE photos emailed to you after tour
- Delicious gourmet platters are available upon request
What do I need to bring?
- Hat or cap – wide brim preferable
- Sunglasses – polarized are great for fish spotting
- Long sleeved shirt – preferable
- Board shorts or similar – quick drying
- Wetsuit shoes/boots or shoes to get wet. Crocs are ok (no thongs or barefeet)
- Spray jacket or lightweight rain jacket – advisable
- Camera or Go-Pro video camera
- Bottled water – 1 litre preferable
- Personal medication – if required
- Towel & spare change of clothes (for after tour)
Location: Minnamurra River, Minnamurra NSW 2533. A 1.5 hour drive from Sydney
Tour provider: Escape Kayak Tours
Duration: 1.5 – 4.5 hours, depending on which tour you choose
Price per person: From $75 – $175pp. See our website for a list of tour prices.
Group size: 2 – 8 people
Difficulty: All of our tours are suitable for beginners