Hike 10km through the remote Lamb Ranges of tropical North Queensland, enjoy wondrous views, diverse natural habitats and a tranquil waterfall dip!
- Exclusive access to a secluded hiking trail in Cloud Forest habitat a World Heritage Area
- Traverse several rainforest peaks
- Cool off in and explore a remote waterfall
Don’t expect to see much traffic on the walk, as this is the only guided hiking experience in Cairns! Perfect right? After an early start, you’ll head an hour west of Cairns to the stunning Lamb Range, which towers high above Dinden National Park.
Trekking through open woodlands, giant gum forests, savanna habitat, and iconic Xanthorrhoea grass trees. Your trek will then take an upward turn as you begin an ascent past granite boulders towards the summit, catch unrivaled panoramas as you traverse over several peaks.
Snacks and fruit are provided to keep the energy high and on return, you’ll get the chance to stop at Davies Creek for a picnic lunch and refreshing dip!
A 10km trail of a lifetime, experience the sights, smells, and sounds of an ancient tropical rainforest!
- Transport to Dinden National Park via scenic Kuranda Range
- Gear prep and hike briefing
- Trek 10km of the magnificent Lamb Range, stopping along the way for snacks and to catch epic views
- Rejuvenating stop at Davies Creek for swim and lunch
- Experienced hiking guide
- Water bottles and refill station
- Secluded rainforest trail
- Fun 4WD creek crossings
- Scenic views from the summit and unrivaled panoramas
- A refreshing swim at the end!
What do I need to bring?
- Sun protection – hat, glasses and sunscreen
- Walking shoes
- Wet weather gear
- Day pack for carrying personal items
- Towel and spare clothes for swimming
- Smiles and plenty of enthusiasm
Location: Lamb Range, Cairns, QLD
Tour Provider: FNQ Nature Tours
Duration: 1 day
Price per person: $275
Group Size: 2-7
Difficulty: Intermediate to advanced, hike is classed as ‘difficult’