A bucket list MTB descent. Catch jaw dropping views of Tassie’s Ben Lomond National Park as you descend 1000m altitude through alpine forest.
- Stunning views of the rugged Dolerite cliffs
- Ride down the amazing Jacob’s Ladder Road
- Descend over 1000m of altitude on an old school single track
Mountain Bike & Rock Climbing Tasmania’s most famous ride! MTB how it used to be, adventure riding with plenty of downhill sections and jaw-dropping views of the rugged Ben Lomond National Park.
Local guides will take you down one of Tassie’s ultimate MTB descents with a total drop of 1050 vertical metres. Starting at 1450m in the alpine ski village, you’ll ride down Jacob’s Ladder road before connecting to 4WD tracks that take you through eucalypt forests. You’ll complete a fantastic single-track section, part of the annual Ben Lomond Descent multi-sport race. Finishing the trip by roaring through fire trails and other single tracks until you reach Blessington Road at 400m, the endpoint of your ride.
Other than being able to ride a bike, no prior MTB experience is required, the tour will be tailored to suit your ability and skills.
- Pick up from Launceston Hotels
- Drive to the top of Ben Lomond National Park
- Complete the adventure ride
- Lunch at Blessington Hall
- Return to Launceston by 3pm
- Bike hire
- Lunch and snacks
What do I need to bring?
- Suitable bike riding clothing
- Windbreaker/waterproof shell
Location: Ben Lomond National Park, Tasmania
Tour Provider: Mountain Bike & Rock Climbing Tasmania
Duration: 1 day
Price per person: $250 per person
Group Size: Maximum 10 persons