Explore Australia’s backcountry in winter & test your limits – A unique guided snow experience beyond resort boundaries
- If you thought a back country experience is beyond you then think again
- Untouched stashes of powder are calling your name this winter and we are the people to make it happen
- Embrace the unique, Australian views that only Kosciuszko National Park offers.
We provide customised programs for groups of 2 or more for day activities and groups of 20 or more for overnight programs with the following activities available:
- Snowshoe adventure day — Hike into Australia’s backcountry. Learn snow craft skills along with alpine safety and survival skills.
- Backcountry ski touring day — From first-timer to advanced backcountry skiers we can tailor a backcountry ski day to suit – focusing on skills, different ski techniques and efficient touring.
- Backcountry split board day — Explore the extensive terrain beyond the resort boundary. Understanding the best way to use equipment and find stashes of untouched powder.
For a Day Trip:
- 8am start at ALI Hire
- ½ hr briefing/planning for day and gear check
- depart at approx. 8.30 for a 9.30am on snow
- finish on the mountain at 3pm or ALI hire by 4pm.
OR we customise a multi-day program to meet the needs of a group. For example:
- Day 1 – Backcountry skills development day (overnight in lodge)
- Day 2 – Guided backcountry adventure/snow craft and alpine survival skills (overnight in lodge)
- Day 3 – Snowshoe adventure day
- Guided activities, accommodation and meals at Bungarra Alpine Centre
- Hire of backcountry gear
- National Park entry (overnight programs for groups of 20 or more)
- Guided day trips also available (groups of 2 or more)
What do I need to bring?
- Suitable clothing for on snow activities (snow jackets and pants available for hire)
- Day trips – Packed lunch, snacks and water (overnight programs catered meals included)
- Goggles or sunglasses
- Neck warmer
- Waterproof gloves
Location: ALI (located at Bungarra Alpine Centre, Jindabyne, NSW)
Tour Provider: ALI
Duration: 1 – 3 days (depending on tour)
Price per person: Day Trips – 2 or more people $140 each
Group Size: Day Trips – 2 or more people / Overnight programs minimum 20 people
Difficulty: Beginner – Advanced